Monday, October 10, 2011

Slide Braid's, 3 Triangle Parted Pony Tails, and Flat Rolling Twists

 Simple and Quick! Girly and Cute! Fun 3 in 1!


 Lately Ive been on a flat twist binge and have been experimenting with all types of flat twists. This time around i was desiring to do some flat rolling twists and since her baby hairs are so long but not quite long enough to be pulled back or braided neatly i chose that section to twist.


I wanted to drift off into another realm of pig tailing since we've done a few styles incorporating those lately. So i opted for three triangular parted pony tails behind the two flat twists that i constructed in front.

I used our distilled water spritz initially for our first layer of moisturizer onto her freshly washed conditioned and nearly dried hair. I began parting out my 3 sections and clipped two of them off individually. Then i smoothed on some Bee Mine Curly Butter per section as i pony tailed. I added some Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer to the pony tailed sections i planned to braid for a thick moisturizing agent and a good hold product as well. I decided that i would do the slide braids again as these are so dimensional and gives us a break from the traditional braids.


From beginning to end the style took 35 minutes and it lasted nicely in place for 2 days with no need for touch ups. 


I topped it off with our Bee Mine Juicy Spritz and were complete! For my how-to explanation on how to do Slide Braids click here.


Notice how i did flat rolling twists which end in braids? I chose to do it like this because Diva R's hair will not stay in flat rolling twists without being braided as the twist is leaving her scalp. They will immediately unravel any other way for us.



 Diva R's Mommy-Kim

No comments: