Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Half Cornrows and Pig Tails with Sidewinders

I LOVE the fall season! I seem to be overly inspired and just on the go with not a fret in place.  Needless to say the fall season seems to be the most busy and active for us! We are lovers of the weather being in the 70's. I am big on keeping Diva R's hair nice and styled or neatly kept while we are out especially as i have found this makes a huge impact on her and others. I think we are in a huge natural hair care awareness revolution! It seems lately we have been the center of attention, questions, oogling, inquiries and more with the styles I've been doing on her or her curl health in general :)

This tells me the word is getting spread! Which motivates me beyond expression. Its great that people are in search of and finding successfully information on how to properly care for their hair! 

So inspired by all of this i decided to alter a few previous styles I've done and create this one using some new Sidewinder's we received.  

 

I LOVE combination styles and ones that have such a cute look and more than one thing going on. I decided to do a half cornrow and half pig tail style. These styles prove to be quicker and easier than most for us.  I simply parted an even part from above her left ear to above her right ear going across which ended up being perfectly divided having a top section and a bottom section. 

I applied our distilled water spritz evenly through her hair so that it was drizzled with natures purest moisture. Then i smoothed some Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter on the bottom section from root to tips. I began with cornrowing the bottom section going downwards. I used my trusty rat tail comb and parted rows as i went and ended them in our cherished 2 inch Sidewinder's in white, clear, grape and princess pink.


I chose matching color small pony beads to secure the Sidewinders in place and then wrapped a rubber band upwards a few times on each. I LOVE how the Sidewinders sit so lightly and with such cute and uniquely looking design they surely grab attention every tie she wears them. 

Then i split the top section of her hair right down the middle creating two sections for me to pig tail with our color coordinating pony tails. I made sure i generously applied the Curly Butter through each section and used our Tangle Teezer to help mold her hair gently into place.  When her hair was pig tailed i finger curled the remaining hair on each side and the Curly Butter i put on already really helps to make the curls hold and pop into their bouncy place.


 Then 3 spray's later of our Bee Mine Juicy Spritz  we were finished.  This style took about 45 minutes from beginning to end. This is the type of style that you can switch up amongst a hand full of consecutive days creating a new style easily each day.  We have grown to be addicted to these amazing Sidewinders and there isn't a look that cannot incorporate these lovely accessories!

Diva R's Mommy-Kim

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! That's very cute!!!!

I'm loving on the sidewinders!!!! They are really nice!!

Love it!!

Char~
http://charlottesavenue.blogspot.com

Tav said...

Totally cute, and i love all the different color combos of sidewinders!

Precious Henshaw said...

Love this style! The sidewinders are cute!

Unknown said...

Thank you Char and Tavia!!!
Thank you Precious!

We are in <3 with Sidewinders! Have been ever since we seen them on Keep Me Curly a super long time ago! I was so intrigued by these and have since seen nothing like these anywhere :)
I get stopped all the time when the Diva wears them!