Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Way Back Wednesday Style Relfection :)

Here is a style from November of last year and this style in particular was done for pictures :) It is what i would say is a Combination Style. It includes a half hawk on top with her normal ringlet curls (finger twirled) hanging loose, one big center cornrow going up into the hawk on each side of Divas head. The back half of her hair is in pig tails with her lovely loose ringlets dangling nicely...
The Side shot :)

We just used Twist and Locks Natural Honey Formula Gel... and i twirled her curls one by one  with my two fingers for a simple yet elegant look for her formal pictures :)

Top View


This style took about and hour and a half or so :)
The style below was done in Dec of last year and was the first simple bigger sized corn rows style in an angle that i attempted and i think they turned out rather well. I was going for something different  but simple and i was heavily practicing big sized cornrows at this time :) Per some advice i received.


As you can see my sections may look nice but my hair grabbing isn't as clean as it is becoming over several months of practicing.

The below pic has the embellishment of choice which is a little purple butterfly and i just nestled it in between two of the c-rows :) I used the Twist and Locks in this Style also, i liked the hold of this gel versus the Lets Jam gel...
(Look at those LONG baby hairs!!!)

This was shortly after i learned how to french braid... I never knew any type of braiding methods or styles outside of the regular braid that would hang from a pony tail...
I added a ballie to accent the butterfly and off we went. This style took about 45 min ( Back then i was SNAIL slow)
My mom was a fan of the big poofy curly hair  via curling irons and LOTS of hair spray when doing my hair as i was little, she also loved the super tight pony tail with fluffy curled bangs, or pig tails with loose braids...

Hope you enjoyed our reflection :)
Diva R's Mommy- Kim

4 comments:

amandak23k said...

I love your way back wednesday styles!! They are always sooo cute and show how much lil diva has grown aww!! What was the advice to braid in bigger sections? Does it not break the hair as bad or just easier to learn that way? What brand is the twist and locks natural honey gel? Whenever I try to french braid my sections look horrible.. I need to practice terribly at braiding, just can't seem to find the time!

Unknown said...

@Amanda- Thank you :) I glad they are appreciated :D The advice that i forgot to mention was simply that "It is much easier to learn how to cornrow by starting with and perfecting the bigger sized sectioned cornrows". I got this advice from Braids By Krys on FB her braids are just awesome and she said thats how she started off... I tried and tried by that method but found that the smaller they are the easier they are to learn from off bat.... I still cant perfectly french braid Divas hair and the biggers sections arent as easy for me to braid as the smaller ones are. No no issue of breaking hair with bigger sections, The Tiwsts N Loc's Gel that i had they changed the look of it and now it looks like this https://hair.generalbeautysupply.com/store.asp?switch=showItemDetail&itemID=3451 But the one that i had had some Jamaican's with loc's on it and a black lid. The gel was honey colored and i bought it from local beauty supply but they sell it nearly every where... Did you ever consider buying a Manikin head?

NitaLee said...

OMG her baby Hairs.. They are so darn cute. I always pull kids baby hairs out in the front and slick em. Its so cute

amandak23k said...

Thanks for the link!! I thought about getting a manequin head but not sure if I want to spend that kind of money, was thinking I might get one of those large bratz doll heads, they're only 20$!! One for me and one for my daughters!!